Jul 24, 2016

Mushrooms in More Ways than One

We love to put mushrooms in our chicken soup as well as make a cooked mushroom salad. So since I heard that mushrooms are good preventative medicine and have various health benefits; I wondered whether they lost the benefits by being cooked so I asked.

The following is the quick and informative response I received from The Food Revolution Network.

Hello Aimee,

Thank you for your question. Both cooked and raw mushrooms are beneficial to your body, and there are actually many surprising benefits to cookingmushrooms. Check out this article for more information on benefits of cooked mushrooms http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/cooking-mushroom-deplete-its-vitamin-content-7548.html

 I hope this helps! 

All the best,

Sierra
Community Support Team 
The Food Revolution Network

No comments:

Post a Comment